A summary of my foray into mega-popular books and what I learned from them.
Some time ago I set out to cleanse my palate by reading a collection of extremely successful books.
Books I read
From my original list I successfully read (links to my reviews):
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner (11,198 reviews). Awful.
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (57,762 reviews). Compelling.
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (14,300 reviews). Delightful.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (43,944 reviews). Depressing.
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (2,876 reviews). Entertaining.
Books I didn’t read
I failed to complete All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (27,246 reviews). Yes, it was a beautiful and poignant book about war and humanity and all that, it just didn’t interest me very much.
Continue reading “More mega-popular books I enjoyed reading”